Welcome to Kicking Bird Gun Dogs - We are "micro scale breeders" of Labrador Retrievers. Our primary focus is breeding for health and performance. We are located in the country near Omaha, NE.
To raise, train and breed intelligent, healthy, athletic and obedient sporting dogs that can perform at the highest levels in the field and turn it off when at home.
We are middle aged professional that love animals and outdoor sporting activities. We entered into breed and train these incredible animals for two basic reasons:
1 - To improve the Labrador Retriever breed in regards to health, mental disposition and athletic performance.
2 - To teach our young teenage boys business responsibilities and stewardship including those of safety, quality and business ethics.
Health & Safety – In no way will we breed a female if her health will ever be compromised.
· No female will be bred until she has reached the appropriate age of 2 years old.
· Maximum of one litter per year for each female.
· All dogs are current on all vaccinations, receive the appropriate amount of nutrition and exercise.
· Al dogs have exceptional housing and whelping facilities. Check out our facility page.
· All puppies will be examined by a veterinarian
Quality – We strictly breed to improve genetics, pedigree and health.
· We breed to produce the best offspring possible.
· We do not breed to produce only one particular color.
· We will breed to improve the breed by only breeding with candidates with titled lines.
· Labs with heritable diseases will never be bred. Proper examinations and clearances regarding health for breeding candidates. Read more about the screenings we conduct prior to breeding in KBGD Breeding Program.
· All dogs are pure bred Labrador Retrievers and registered as such with the AKC.
Ethics - We believe in no nonsense business ethics where a man's word is good. We do what we say we’re gonna do, we have no hidden agenda and what you see, is what you get.