AKC Registered Pure Bred Labrador Retrievers
Welcome to Kicking Bird Gun Dogs - We are "micro-breeders" of Labrador Retrievers – Including Silver Labs and BYC Labs that possess the dilute gene located in the country near Omaha, NE.
To raise, train and breed dogs that love to flush live birds, mark them well and bring dead ones back to hand.
We are middle aged professional that love animals and outdoor sporting activities. We entered into breeding and training for two basic reasons:
1 - To improve Labrador Retrievers including those who carry the MLPH (dilute) gene to their greatest potential in accordance with the Council for Purebred Labrador Retrievers standards.
2 - To teach my young teenage boys business responsibilities and stewardship including those of safety, quality and business ethics.
Health & Safety – In no way will we breed a female if her health will ever be compromised.
· No female will be bred until she has reached the appropriate age of 2 years old.
· Maximum of one litter per year for each female.
· All dogs are current on all vaccinations, receive the appropriate amount of nutrition and exercise.
· Al dogs have exceptional housing and whelping facilities.
· All puppies will be examined by a veterinarian
Quality – We strictly breed in accordance with the “Improvement Movement” for improved genetics, pedigree and health.
· We breed to produce the best offspring possible.
· Although we do breed silver and silver factored labs, we do not breed to produce only one particular color, including the silver color.
· We will breed to improve the breed by only breeding with candidates with titled lines.
· Labs with heritable diseases will never be bred. Proper examinations and clearances regarding health for breeding candidates. Read more about the screenings we conduct prior to breeding in KBGD Breeding Program.
· All dogs will be pure bred labs and registered as such with the AKC.
Ethics - We do what we say we’re gonna do.